We had a blast introducing the New River Valley to our Go Local discount program at Steppin Out in Blacksburg this past weekend!
Go Local cards will go on sale online and in some of your favorite locally owned shops in about two weeks. We’ll also be giving away some of our super cute stuffed squirrels, so make sure you’re following us on social media to stay in the loop!
For Business Alliance Members
- You can find your listing live on nrvhomegrown.org/explore. Submit changes via our modify a listing form or by contacting us directly.
- Inform your staff about the Go Local Cards: The card is hard plastic. The front says “NRV Go Local Card” and the back is white with a December 2020 expiration and a unique member number printed in between two red squirrels!
- “NRV Go Local Card Honored Here” Decal: We ask that you make sure our sticker is visible at your place of business so customers can be sure that their Go Local Card is honored there. Contact us if you need a decal.
- What can we do for you? You probably saw this question on your application when you joined. Eventually we’d like to distribute a business-members-only directory with exclusive business-to-business offers. Until then, feel free to reach out to a team member and we’d be happy to point you in the right direction.
- Spread the love by becoming a Go Local Card Card Retailer. Local business owners who sell cards keep $10 on every $20 card purchase. Local businesses have the option to keep their half of card sales or use them as a fundraiser. Contact us to become a Go Local Card Retailer today!
- While listing your business in our directory is completely free, we also offer the option to purchase additional advertising space in 15k copies of our magazine/directory. The deadline for this November/December printing is November 1. Review our ad prices and contact us to purchase your ad.