We have been so impressed with how our community has come together to adapt to unfortunate circumstances and create resources for finding what we all need.
Instead of making another list of the same info others have already gathered, I’ve made a index of the already existing lists out there.
( * = favorites of ours!)
- * Looking Out for Each Other: Montgomery County VA: In this Facebook group and their super helpful Google Doc of resources you will find a little bit of everything from open takeout/delivery services to food assistance programs.
- NRV Homegrown Business Alliance Group: Our Facebook group where we are sharing all promotional offers & updates from all local businesses, whether they are qualified members of our Go Local program or not.
- * NextThreeDays, everyone’s favorite events site, has transformed temporarily to create an index of what businesses are offering right now.
- Downtown Blacksburg’s Business Adaptations During COVID 19 (by Downtown Blacksburg, Inc.)
- * TakeOut TakeOver: Enter to win a Go Local Card and a gift card to a business of your choice!
- Semi-Daily Livestreams by Fatback Soul Shack/Due South BBQ: Currently offering a series of livestreams directly from Fatback’s page to provide some much-needed live music to the NRV and beyond. They’re also hosting weekly Open Mic on Zoom on Sundays at 7PM – Watch – Participate
CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE ADAPTATIONS
- Montgomery montgomerycc.org/covid-19-resources
- Floyd floydchamber.org
- Giles gileschamber.net/covid-19-updates-and-business-support
- Dublin dublinchamberofcommerce.org
- Radford radfordchamber.com/covid19
LOCAL GOVERNMENT UPDATES
- Radford radfordva.gov/1157/COVID-19-Updates
- Blacksburg blacksburg.gov/residents/public-safety/coronavirus-covid-19-what-you-need-to-know
- Christiansburg christiansburg.org/1275/COVID-19-Updates
- SWVA Virtual Tip Jar: An awesome way to help your service industry workers who often rely on tips.
What can we do help?
NRV Homegrown is looking ahead to the future and we are planning for when the situation eventually de-escalates and we begin to return to “normal”. We are asking ourselves how this organization can help promote local businesses as we face a challenging year ahead, and we think we have some great ideas in the works! Stay tuned…
In the meantime, we’ve begun to use our Facebook group to collect offers & updates we’ve seen from ALL businesses. Similarly, we are shouting out all offers we see on our Instagram stories!
One little thing we can all do right now is continue promoting each other on social media! Now’s the time to write a review for your favorite place and show your support online.